*** As seen in the April 2017 issue of Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine, here.***
When you’re a busy Mom sometimes it’s difficult to look stylish. You’re usually stressed for time and you’ve got one small child pulling on your hair while another small child is about to tumble out of the shopping cart. You need to be dressed for comfort and function and if it happens to come together in a stylish way, well that’s a bonus! For those of us who want to look fashionable while still being able to fulfill our duties as Super Mom, here are some tips on ‘How to Step Up Your Mom Style’.
- These days the go-to Mom uniform is workout clothes, but why not substitute those yoga pants for a comfy boyfriend jean, then pair them with a graphic tee and a lightweight cardigan?
- Load up on the dresses… maxis and shifts are great because they tend to be less constricting around the waistline.
- We’re all familiar with the flip-flops here in Florida, but how about replacing them with a stylish, metallic sandal that goes with everything?
- The perfect pair of sunnies are essential for a cool daytime look! The key is to find a style that fits the shape of your face.
- A statement necklace or ring can really make an outfit pop, but be sure the pieces are substantial… you wouldn’t want the baby pulling on your delicate chain necklace or dangly earrings.
- Don’t forget about your face! I always wear a little color on my lips and mascara on my lashes before I leave the house. Those two components alone can elevate your look.
Whether you’re out shopping the local boutiques or pulling looks from your own closet, it’s all about making stylish choices! Have fun with fashion, take risks and don’t be afraid to step up your Mom style!
Look #1: Jersey Slip Dress $42, from Don Me Now | Chambray Bomber Jacket, $95 from Kit’s Well-Dressed | Quilted Cross-Body Bag, $27 from Kit’s Well-Dressed | Snake Skin Loafers, $110 from Kit’s Well-Dressed
Look #2: Off The Shoulder Maxi Dress, $225 from Kit’s Well-Dressed | Beaded Sandals, $109 from Kit’s Well-Dressed | Large Tote Bag, $48 from Kit’s Well-Dressed | Long Gold Necklace, from Premier Designs | Statement Ring, from Don Me Now | Sunglasses, $45 from Don Me Now
*** Photos by Theresa Nesmith Photography