So, I had this crazy idea last week during New York Fashion Week… “I’m going to view every single collection, pick my top three looks, and research each designer’s background.” Because why not? Well, first of all, there are hundreds of collections! Anyway, I figured no one in their right mind has time to view every look from the designer runway shows, and even if they did, they probably don’t know much, if anything, about the talented designers themselves… so, here I go! Now, not only am I currently obsessed with fashion runway shows, but I am also driven to educate the stylish masses!
Stay tuned for more Designer Mini-Bios from New York Fashion Week as well as from London and Milan!
Leather in spring? Absolutely! Designers Derek Lam, Monique Lhuiller, Belstaff and others (Proenza Schouler, Alexander Wang, Holmes & Yang) certainly thought so when they sent their models down the runways in lightweight, ladylike leather dresses, skirts & ensembles. Nothing says luxury like a lady in a leather dress, especially if she’s rockin’ it with a pair of stilettos and a chignon! Whether your personal style is classic or modern, this trend is sure to stand the test of time so do consider investing in a great leather dress or top & skirt combo… your wardrobe will thank you!
1. French Connection Leather Wrap Dress, $428, frenchconnection.com
2. Ben Amun Spike Earrings, $80, couturecandy.com
3. French Connection Leather Dress, $498, frenchconnection.com
4. Miss Selfridge Leather Peplum Top, $210, missselfridge.com
5. Vintage Red Leather Skirt, $128, nastygal.com
6. MIA Black Leather Sandal, $149, jildorshoes.com
7. BCBG Envelope Clutch, $78, bcbg.com
I was trying to think of fun ways to jazz up my vintage (okay, circa 2003) cut-off denim shorts, which I tend to throw on as soon as I roll out of bed. Enter the metallic oxfords. I can totally dig this look because it’s comfy without sacrificing style. Amp up the fem-factor and balance the edgy shoes with a pretty floral top. Grab your fedora and trendy shades and you’re out the door…
1. Floral Top, $29, dorothyperkins.com
2. Moto Denim Shorts, $64, topshop.com
3. BCBG Banded Fedora, $48, bcbg.com
4. Round Preppy Sunglasses, $32, topshop.com
5. Bass Silver Oxfords, $99, amazon.com